First Edition of Le Dîner en Blanc coming to Seattle on July 27
First Edition of the Most Sought-after Secret Event
Coming This July!
Seattle, May 17, 2017 – From global phenomenon to highly sought-after “secret”, Le Dîner en Blanc will take over one of Seattle’s public spaces on Thursday, July 27, 2017 for the first ever refine pop-up epicurean event.
Over 100,000 foodies and cultural enthusiasts around the world have already embrace this unique event. As stated very eloquently by the New York Times: “There are picnics and there are Picnics”. This très chic picnic is equal parts mystery tour, pop-up feast and je ne sais quoi! Launched in Paris nearly 30 years ago by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc de Paris now attracts over 10,000 people each year. What began as a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international epicurean sensation in over 70 cities in more than 25 countries. While the technology behind the event may has changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful locations.
“We felt Seattle was primed for such a dazzling event as an increase of interest in fine living has been noted over the years,” says Lars Johnson, co-host of Le Dîner en Blanc - Seattle, who hopes to make this first edition a success that will pave the way towards establishing a long-standing tradition for the city of Seattle.
In essence, Le Dîner en Blanc promotes friendship, elegance and gallantry. Over the course of the evening, guests experience the beauty and value of one their city’s public spaces by participating in the unexpected.
To maintain its uniqueness as well as staying true to tradition of Le Dîner en Blanc, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
To participate in this first edition: guests must be invited via the hosts’ network or participating partners or get on waiting list via the official website: seattle.dinerenblanc.com/register, by July 15, 2017.
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality and creativity are encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept secret until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by Dîner en Blanc volunteers.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring:
- A table, two (white) chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- An option to pre-order food through City Catering, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own picnic baskets. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited. Guests can bring their own alcohol. There is a limit of 2 bottles of wine and/or champagne per table. No alcohol will be available for purchase at the event. are also welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: