The tradition continues - Le Dîner en Blanc Seattle returns for the 3rd year on July 25, 2019
Seattle, WA, April 4, 2019 – For the 3rd time, the city of Seattle will host Le Dîner en Blanc. On Thursday, July 25, 2019, the annual secret affair promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty and magic, as it takes over an undisclosed public space whose location is only revealed minutes prior to the commencement of the event. Over 1,200 foodies, fashion and cultural enthusiasts attended the 2018 event and 1,500 are expected this year.
Registration to participate to this unique event happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members from the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list. To be part of this unique experience, people can sign up now at seattle.dinerenblanc.com/register.
“Mark July 25 on your calendars now, Seattle! Le Dîner en Blanc – Seattle is an event you do not want to miss. You’ll dine, dance and enjoy one of Seattle’s most iconic locations,” says Lars Johnson, returning co-host of Le Dîner en Blanc – Seattle. “The evening promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty and magic. We’re beyond excited to share the event with over 1,500 guests this year.”
Bystanders will witness groups of guests all dressed in white gathering at specific rallying points all across the city. Guided by Dîner en Blanc volunteers, these groups will then converge on one of the Seattle’s most beautiful setting, travelling by both foot and bus transportation. Every guest brings their own gourmet feast, table, chairs and table setting. Over the course of the evening, they will eat and celebrate amid music, entertainment and dancing.
The evening is filled with visually breathtaking moments including the waving of a cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner and the lighting of sparklers to let guests know they are now free to mingle and dance. When at the end of the evening the trumpet sounds, guests pack up all of their belongings, pick up all their litter and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- As per the secret location’s alcohol regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
Le Dîner en Blanc – Seattle gratefully acknowledges Unify Consulting and Cepae as the official local partners of the 2019 edition of Le Dîner en Blanc.
About the Hosts of Le Dîner en Blanc – Seattle
Le Dîner en Blanc – Seattle is hosted by Madeleine Calvo, Lars Johnson, Laura Moore and Kelly Soligon. All natives of the Seattle area, they are excited to bring the joie de vivre of Le Dîner en Blanc to the Pacific Northwest. Lars Johnson will be serving as the guest and volunteer lead, including event registration. He spent 3 years living in Paris, where he learned to love French culture, food, wine, and cultural traditions. Madeleine Calvo and Laura Moore will lead the charge on all things related to event production. Both Madeleine and Laura are event pros who have a track record of creating unique and unrivaled event experiences. They are thrilled to be bringing their event expertise to Le Dîner en Blanc - Seattle. Kelly Soligon is leading Public and Media Relations, Social Media, and Sponsorships. Kelly brings over 20 years of professional experience in marketing, public relations, advertising, and event management to her role as co-host.
About Le Dîner en Blanc
In June 2018, Le Diner en Blanc de Paris marked its 30th anniversary. A record 17,000 guests from Paris and around the world gathered at the Esplanade des Invalides to celebrate this historic moment. Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide epicurean phenomenon. What was a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international sensation celebrated on six continents. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in over 80 cities in 30 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair. For more info, photos and videos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit dinerenblanc.com.
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: